It is very important to detect gum disease in its early stages. Some signs may be bad breath, loose teeth, bleeding and swollen gums. During your cleaning appointment we will review a good oral hygiene routine, for example, brushing, flossing and proper diet. We will also discuss and give you ample samples of the best recommended oral health care products that will assist you to a healthy smile.
We all have heard the term “Prevention is Key”. Well, it is true! As mentioned earlier, prevention of oral disease can help prevent other systemic diseases. Besides, preventive dental care is not as invasive, and is a lot less costly than most dental treatment.
A routine dental checkup and cleaning for most patients is scheduled every six months. During this visit we will:
- Take intraoral photographs and any necessary digital x-rays
- Perform an oral cancer screening and TMJ exam
- Record any signs of gum disease
- Provide dental exam to detect cavities
- Complete teeth cleaning
- Formulate a treatment plan and discussion
Again, a simple routine dental checkup can help to keep dental disease at bay!